S.D. Institute for the Blind is working for the welfare of the
Blind since 1952. It is run by the Sanatan Dharam Sabha (Regd.)
Ambal Cantt. The S.D. Sabha (Regd.) Ambala is our parent body
having over all control over the affaires of the institution S.
D. Sabha is registered on 15-10-1937 no. 23.
It has also
been registered by the Deputy Commisioner Ambala.
is run by an Managing Committee of the Sabha duly appointed every
two year. The object is welfare of the Blind, arrangements are made
for their education, training, free boarding and lodging with medical
care and laundry. No distinction of caste is observed. The Institution
has its own building, kitchen, hostel rooms and primary school,
workshop rooms and hall etc. The Primary students and is upto 5th
class, hostel and boarding for school and college students and workshop
for blind students.
The Primary class
students are taking education in Brailli Language and also learning
Music, Training of caning is taught.
1. S.D. Institute for the Blind is working for the welfare of the
Blind since 1952.
2. The institution is run by an Managing Committee, click
3. The institution provides free Boarding, Lodging,, Medicines etc.
to all Blind students of College.
4. The institution has its Primary school in which education is
given to student through Brail and many other activities like music
& weaving chairs are also taught.
5. The student’s at primary school are provided with free
food, clothe, Medicine etc.
6. The institute also has its Brail library which provide books
and audio Cassette to the Blind student.